Before starting your studies in Germany…
If you would like to study in Germany, it could take up to a year to prepare. Living and studying in a foreign country is an opportunity and a challenge at the same time. You should not underestimate the importance of planning in advance. First of all, you should collect as much information as possible on Germany and its higher education system to help you clarify your goals.
- Which subject/subjects do you want to study?
- Which universities offer these subjects?
- Would you also like to take a final examination? Which one?
- Do you need a scholarship? Which requirements must be fulfilled to receive one?
- Do you have to take a ‘DSH’ (university entry language proficiency test) or undergo a German language course?
- Do you need any other languages, e.g. Latin?
- Is an aptitude/entrance test required?
- Will your studies in Germany be recognised in your home country?
- Where are you going to live?
- Will you need to take out health insurance?
Tip: Contact the DAAD representatives in your home country or consult the DAAD website for direct, accurate and in-depth information on studying in Germany.
Hotline: 0049 9131 9242 10 128*
- Mon - Wed: 08:00 - 16:30
- Thu: 08:00 - 17:30
- Fr: 08:00 - 15:00
*The cost of a call from abroad via land line or mobile phone depends on the rates set by the respective foreign network operator.