- www.aok.de – On the ‘AOK–Die Gesundheitskasse website you will find comprehensive information regarding health and health insurance. Direct contact:
- Contact form
- Hotline: +49 (0)180 2246465: (0.06 Euro/call, special prices for mobile phone calls)
- www.aok-on.de – This AOK website is designed for students. It provides useful tips for important issues such as eating properly during the exam period, exam stress, jobs and social insurance.
- www.study-in.de – This website, operated by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and entitled "Study in Germany – Land of Ideas", provides an extensive range of useful tips under the tabs "Study", "Life" and "Community". Students can also relay their own experiences in reports, blogs and videos.
- www.daad.de – The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) official website, for if you have specific questions about studying, researching or teaching in Germany. It provides information on the education and higher education system in Germany, and on funding programmes and scholarships. You will also receive help when deciding where to study, on a particular subject or how you can fund your stay in Germany.
- www.deutsch-als-fremdsprache.de – The "Deutsch als Fremdsprache" forum is offered by the Institute for International Communication (IIK) in Düsseldorf. It contains a range of useful tips, downloads, tests and learning materials to help you get to grips with the German language.
- www.studentenwerke.de– Website of the umbrella association which comprises the 58 student unions in Germany. At universities, the student unions run daycare centres for children, student halls and canteens, deal with student loan issues (BAföG) and offer psychotherapeutic help and social/legal advice. You can use the search function to find the student union responsible for your place of study.
- www.studieren.de – This commercially operated info portal provides an extensive database of study courses available at German and European universities. It also provides some useful services such as student advice (by email), a glossary of academic terminology, an extensive FAQ list and tips on how to fund your studies and choose the right course for you.
- www.unicum.de – This portal from the UNICUM magazine presents the latest news and various topics related to student life. Visitors can search the job market for interesting apprenticeships and part-time jobs. There is also a community forum and plenty of information on student life in general. Particularly useful features include the A-Z university glossary and the living costs calculator.
You have no health insurance and questions about it? We will be happy to advise you!
Hotline: 0049 9131 9242 10 128*
- Mon - Wed: 08:00 - 16:30
- Thu: 08:00 - 17:30
- Fr: 08:00 - 15:00
* The cost of a call from abroad via land line or mobile phone depends on the rates set by the respective foreign network operator.